The Scottish Members’ Services Development Network was established in January 2003 by officers working in members’ services across Scotland, spanning all 32 of Scotland’s local authorities. There was a recognition that staff working in members’ services share a core set of challenges and the same issues were being addressed within every council.
The principal objectives of our network are to:
- Provide support to all members’ services staff within Scotland’s 32 local authorities;
- Share information and best practice in relation to elected members’ support and the training and development of both elected members and members’ services staff;
- Facilitate benchmarking amongst local authorities in relation to elected members’ support and the training and development of both elected members and members’ services staff;
- Act as a vehicle for consultation in respect of issues relating to elected members’ support and training and development;
- Review and make recommendations in respect of appropriate training/qualifications(s) for officers within Scottish local authorities involved in providing a range of support services to elected members.
This year’s office bearers are:
Elaine Houston (Chairperson)
0141 287 5626
Pauline Bolson (Secretary)
Alison Cumming (Treasurer)
If you would like further information on the work of the Network or if you would like to discuss any proposals for working in partnership please contact Elaine Houston.