The Scottish Members’ Services Development Network was established in January 2003 by officers working in members’ services across Scotland, spanning all 32 of Scotland’s local authorities. There was a recognition that staff working in members’ services share a core set of challenges and the same issues were being addressed within every council.
The principal objectives of our network are to:
- Provide support to all members’ services staff within Scotland’s 32 local authorities;
- Share information and best practice in relation to elected members’ support and the training and development of both elected members and members’ services staff;
- Facilitate benchmarking amongst local authorities in relation to elected members’ support and the training and development of both elected members and members’ services staff;
- Act as a vehicle for consultation in respect of issues relating to elected members’ support and training and development;
- Review and make recommendations in respect of appropriate training/qualifications(s) for officers within Scottish local authorities involved in providing a range of support services to elected members.
This year’s office bearers are:
Elaine Houston (Chairperson)
0141 287 5626
Alison Cumming (Secretary/Treasurer)
If you would like further information on the work of the Network or if you would like to discuss any proposals for working in partnership please contact Elaine Houston.